Obama Campaign - "If I Wanted America To Fail"

Total Pageviews

Daily Devotions

WISDOM

If you support our national security issues, you may love and appreciate the United States of America, our Constitution with its’ freedoms, and our American flag.

If you support and practice our fiscal issues, you may value worldly possessions.

If you support and value our social issues, you may love Judeo-Christian values.

If you support and practice all these values, that is all good; an insignia of “Wisdom” . - Oscar Y. Harward

Monday, December 24, 2007

Spreading God’s Word & My Political Arena

Pastor Gene Mullis
Hillcrest Baptist Church
4316 Hillcrest Church Road
Monroe, NC 28110

Pastor Gene, I hope you will not mind me sharing this with others.

On Sunday evening, I told you I wanted to do a “quick summary” of your AM Sermon, and it was a “Goodun” as usual from the Word of God, your heart, and delivered from your lips. So, here I go as to “rattle off” with my remarks. I do this only because I am following up on my own “speech therapy”. I know by now you appreciate my efforts to continue to “learn how to type”!

I, too, will be out of town this weekend as my son sent me an airline ticket to fly out to Louisville KY on Thursday, December 13, to return on December 17 to visit with my son, daughter-in-law, and two grandsons. You should know that just the fact that these two boys being “my two grandsons”, these two are the “best” of the “best”. I am looking forward to hearing my two grandsons say “I want my Grandpa”, “I want to see Grandpa”, and/or “I love my Grandpa”.

As for your service, I too, fail to understand why some sickly and/or criminal “idiot” wants to get a gun, go into a shopping mall, only to start shooting humans. After service, we learned through the TV news that another “sickly or criminal one” did similarly another on Sunday in two different Christian facilities.

While we all know that sin started in the “Garden of Eden” as described in Genesis, there has been at least two historical changes in my lifetime, which these criminal and immoral activities are supported with.

1. Growing up in a very rural area of Anson County, NC, everyone in the public schools had a “Christian Devotion” in the mornings at school, and with that learning, almost everyone went to some Church, Parish, Synagogue, etc. on Sunday mornings. This was based on the fact that our US Constitution was founded upon Judeo-Christian” values. In 1963, when the US Supreme Court outlawed Prayer in schools, many our younger children were not taught the importance of “God’s Word”. With that, and without any other reminders, many saw no importance to attend any Church any more.

Now, we have raised one generation, who has raised another generation, who now are raising a third generation who see no reason to attend Church, Parish, Synagogue, etc. read the Bible, and/or do any other Biblical study. There are no religious teachings in our public school. So many of our elected politicos, Liberal members of our radio, TV, and print Medias are presenting us is such an ungodly scene as acceptable.

2. To me, a second change began when every average American watched a US President look into a camera on national TV, tell a lie, and what is just as bad, he got away with it to so many. Many of our US leaders on Capitol Hill and/or members in the media did not even criticize our President. Many of the President’s friends in Washington, DC just continued to say, “it is all just about sex”. It became almost acceptable with individual neighbors and friends, that lying is OK. Lying is not OK. Then the “big lie” started to spread and now the “big lie” is just as acceptable in the business community as started in the community as a “one on one”. We must fight to cure this illness with whatever it takes.

The US Supreme Court said it is not OK. With this simple one sentence delivered legal document, our forty-second US President is disbarred from practicing law in the US Supreme Court:

D-2270 IN THE MATTER OF DISCIPLINE OF BILL CLINTON

Bill Clinton, of New York, New York, is suspended from the practice of law in this Court and a rule will issue, returnable within 40 days, requiring him to show cause why he should not be disbarred from the practice of law in this Court.


God’s Word coming from our leaders, like you, are the message and the messenger throughout our Churches, Parishes, Synagogues. etc.

With God’s help, I will continue to fight my battle over these issues in the political arena.

God Bless you all.

Oscar Y. Harward
oharward@carolina.rr.com

No comments: