Obama Campaign - "If I Wanted America To Fail"

Total Pageviews

Daily Devotions

WISDOM

If you support our national security issues, you may love and appreciate the United States of America, our Constitution with its’ freedoms, and our American flag.

If you support and practice our fiscal issues, you may value worldly possessions.

If you support and value our social issues, you may love Judeo-Christian values.

If you support and practice all these values, that is all good; an insignia of “Wisdom” . - Oscar Y. Harward

Friday, April 24, 2009

ConservativeChristianRepublican-Report - 20090424

Motivational-Inspirational-Historical-Educational-Political-Enjoyable



"Daily Motivations"

Today I am grateful for all those things that go missing because their absence reminds me of how blessed I am to have had them at all. -- Kate Nowak



"Daily Devotions" (KJV and/or NLT)

Living Proof Live such good lives among the pagans that... they may see your good deeds and glorify God (1 Pet. 2:12). As the song says, "People need the Lord."

"This letter is from Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus...." (Romans 1:1)



"The Patriot Post"

"[I]n this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." -- Benjamin Franklin

"When more of the people's sustenance is exacted through the form of taxation than is necessary to meet the just obligations of government, such exaction becomes ruthless extortion and a violation of the fundamental principles of a free government." -- President Grover Cleveland (1837-1908)

"Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt." -- President Herbert Hoover (1874-1964)

"To tax the community for the advantage of a class is not protection: it is plunder." -- British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)

"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)



"Simple Truths"

Service

http://www.stservicemovie.com/



"Find Law"

"Enemy Combatants" Held Abroad Can Seek Habeas Corpus Relief in Fed. Court

Has our legislative and judicial Liberals now left us to a point where every combatant captured on the battlefield in war how has "habeas" rights? Have we reached a time where these same Liberals have left us to a point that in a war, we must have lawyers to defend the combatants and judges, and to rule on what our members of the military may or may not do? - oyh

AL MAQALEH, ET AL. V. GATES, ET AL.

(U.S. Dist. Ct., D.C., Apr. 2, 2009) - In a case regarding detainees held by the U.S. Defense Department at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan, a federal ditrict court judge ruled that non-Afghans captured beyond Afghan borders may seek habeas relief and challenge their detention in federal court. However, the court held that such detainees: 1) must not be a citizen of the country where they are being held; 2) must not have been captured in the country where they are detained; and 3) must have been detained for an unreasonable amount of time. Read more... http://news.lp.findlaw.com:80/hdocs/docs/terrorism/almaqalehgates40209opn.html

Related Resources
• Judge: Bagram prisoners can challenge detention



"The Web"

Chicago Tea Party

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q&feature=rec-r2-sdig&et=1240332914.8



Taliban takes over ex-resort in Pakistan, issues invitation to Osama

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/025766.php

"Pakistan was trying to end bloodshed when it let the idyllic Swat Valley fall under Islamic law last week. Instead, it has emboldened the Taliban to extend a hand to militants, including Osama bin Laden." Now there's a lede paragraph that the President of the United States would do well to ponder. On the other hand, he wants to sit down and talk with the "moderate" Taliban (I myself am speaking at a Unicorns Convention next week), so maybe he isn't particularly concerned if the Taliban is emboldened.

"Taliban in Pakistani ex-resort: `Welcome, Osama!,'" by Kathy Gannon for AP, April 20 (thanks to James):

MINGORA, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan was trying to end bloodshed when it let the idyllic Swat Valley fall under Islamic law last week. Instead, it has emboldened the Taliban to extend a hand to militants, including Osama bin Laden.

The local spokesman for the Taliban, which control the valley, told The Associated Press he'd welcome militants bent on battling U.S. troops and their Arab allies if they want to settle there.

"Osama can come here. Sure, like a brother they can stay anywhere they want," Muslim Khan said in a two-hour interview Friday, his first with a foreign journalist since Islamic law was imposed. "Yes, we will help them and protect them."

Khan spoke in halting English he learned during four years painting houses in the U.S. before returning to Swat in 2002. He averted his eyes as he spoke to a female journalist, in line with his strict understanding of Islam.

Pakistan reacted with alarm to his comments, saying it would never let him shelter the likes of bin Laden.


"We would have to go for the military operation. We would have to apply force again," said Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira. "We simply condemn this. We are fighting this war against al-Qaida and the Taliban."

But it is far from clear that the government has the means to do much of anything in the Swat Valley. It agreed to Islamic law in the region — drawing international condemnation — after trying and failing to defeat the Taliban in fighting marked by brutal beheadings that killed more than 850 people over two years.

"We lost the war. We negotiated from a position of weakness," said Afrasiab Khattak, a leader of the Awami National Party, which governs the province that includes Swat. He said the region's police force is too underpaid, undertrained and underequipped to take on the militants.

At the behest of the National Assembly, President Asif Ali Zardari last week signed off on a regulation establishing Islamic law throughout the Malakand Division, a strategic territory bordering Afghanistan, and Pakistan's tribal belt where bin Laden has long been rumored to be hiding. The Swat Valley, where tourists once flocked to enjoy Alpine-like scenery, is part of the area....

Cancel your next trip.



Old Age, I decided, is a gift

I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother!), but I don’t agonize over those things for long.

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I’ve aged, I’ve become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I’ve become my own friend.

I don’t chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn’t need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70’s, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .. I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody’s beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.



I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don’t question myself anymore. I’ve even earned the right to be wrong.

I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

Anonymous



"The e-mail Bag"

AWESOME ANAGRAMS

This has got to be one of the cleverest E-mails I've received in awhile. Someone out there is deadly at Scrabble. (Wait till you see the last one)!

DORMITORY:
When you rearrange the letters:
DIRTY ROOM


PRESBYTERIAN:
When you rearrange the letters:
BEST IN PRAYER


ASTRONOMER:
When you rearrange the letters:
MOON STARER


DESPERATION: When you rearrange the letters:
A ROPE ENDS IT


THE EYES:
When you rearrange the letters:
THEY SEE


GEORGE BUSH:
When you rearrange the letters:
HE BUGS GORE


THE MORSE CODE:
When you rearrange the letters:
HERE COME DOTS


SLOT MACHINES:
When you rearrange the letters:
CASH LOST IN ME


ANIMOSITY:
When you rearrange the letters:
IS NO AMITY


ELECTION RESULTS:
When you rearrange the letters:
LIES - LET'S RECOUNT


SNOOZE ALARMS:
When you rearrange the letters:
ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S


A DECIMAL POINT:
When you rearrange the letters:
IM A DOT IN PLACE


THE EARTHQUAKES:
When you rearrange the letters:
THAT QUEER SHAKE


ELEVEN PLUS TWO:
When you rearrange the letters:
TWELVE PLUS ONE


AND FOR THE GRAND FINALE:

MOTHER-IN-LAW:
When you rearrange the letters:
WOMAN HITLER

Yep! Someone with waaaaaaaaaaay
too much time on their hands! (Probably a son-in-law)

Bet your friends haven't seen this one!!!
DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THIS



Grandma's Boyfriend

A 5-year-old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. Playing with his toys in her bedroom while grandma was dusting, he looked up and said, "Grandma, how come you don't have a boy friend now that Grandpa went to heaven?"

Grandma replied, "Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can sit in my bedroom and watch it all day long. The religious programs make me feel good and the comedies make me laugh. I'm happy with my TV as my boyfriend."

Grandma turned on the TV, and the reception was terrible. She started adjusting the knobs, trying to get the picture in focus. Frustrated, she started hitting the backside of the TV hoping to fix the problem.

The little boy heard the doorbell ring, so he hurried to open the door, and there stood Grandma's minister.

The minister said, "Hello, son, is your Grandma home?"

The little boy replied, "Yeah, she's in the bedroom bangin' her boyfriend." The minister fainted.

No comments: